HL2 engine problems - Stop: 0x000000EA

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi,

new to the forums but have used your advice many times as i found a solution

however this time i cant find anything anywhere to help me, not even at HP

the problem is that whilst playing counter strike: source i get a bsod :[ after a random amount of time. the full stop code given (at the rare occasion it stayed there) was;

STOP: 0x000000EA (0x85BC7020, 0x85E2A1BO, 0xF79D8CBC,0x00000001)

my PC's basic parts are

HP - Compaq nx9420
CPU - C2D @ 2.16 GHz (stock)
GFX - Mobility Radeon x1600
Drivers are all latest, tried older and Omega
RAM - 1024 Mb (laptop type, cant remember name for it lol)

i know a fair bit about what im doing so if anything is needed i will happily post it, if theres a short decription of how to obtain,
this is a ever persistant problem
windows reistalled, and all drivers where completely removed before new ones installed

have tested RAM, HDD, Video Card, CPU and all report no hardware problems.

all help greatly appreicated.

-Matt

Try to reinstall the game, didn't know if you tried all you said was reinstall windows and the drivers.

Also try a Error check, go to My Computer > Rightclick your main drive ( C: is what it should be called ) > properties and click tools and use the error check, click both boxes and it'll ask you to restart computer, when you reboot it will run about a 2-3 hour long scan ( longer if you have a bigger hard drive )

Hope this helps! :)

ahh sorry

yes reinstalled the game before windows and ,multiple times after, verifyed that the local content is good :]

also i have checked the hard drive, ther is no problems.
all hardware apparantly has no problems.

-Matt

Try going into the advanced lauch settings, and copy/paste this into it: -dxlevel 80

Don't think this will do much, but it may.

thnx

tried this though aswell

and tried it with -dxlevel 70 for, all this seems to do other than remove what dx9 brings is give a fps improvment, but still same crashes :[

What about resolution? I can't remember how to force resolutions, but google will. try a lower resolution.

tried :[

was originaly on 1680x1050 when i first played

then i went down to 800x600, got the problem so now run it on 1280x800 to get aspect right.

but appriacite suggestions all the same

-Matt

Have you tried defragmenting? (not your entire computer, unless you don't usually do it. I mean with steams defragmenter under/above verify integrity of game cache)

yep

all installed games on steam have been defragged and verifyied

also the whole hdd has a % deragmetion of 0.1, it wont get any lower unless i format i think lol

all standard things i seem to have tried. obv still appriciating the help!

-Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back