Home Hub 3000 configuration file format

Is there any documentation available that describes the content and format of the config files created when you backup a Home Hub 3000?

To create config file, login to HH3000 as Admin, click on "Advanced Tools and Settings -> Backup".

"Hacking somebody's backups"? You mean going into their home, logging into their computer, editing the config file, logging into the HH3000, restoring the "hacked" config file?

Yeah, right.

I need to know the format so I can write a program that displays all the settings in a consolidated, human readable form, in order to tell at a glance what options have changed, instead of poking through dozens of displays and writing stuff down by hand.

Sorry - - I would never support that on my systems and strongly advise everyone to disallow it if ever offered.
so I can write a program that displays all the settings in a consolidated, human readable form
That's called reverse engineering -- boo hiss :mad:

I don't think you understand the concept of reverse engineering. 'reverse engineering' means taking executable machine code and converting it to source code.

The config file is not code -- it's just data.

What programming languages do you work in?

I don't think you understand the concept of reverse engineering. 'reverse engineering' means taking executable machine code and converting it to source code.

The config file is not code -- it's just data.
OH yes. While it's not binary, it allows one to work backwords into settings and passwords using only the backup config -- thus a grave security exposure

What programming languages do you work in?

37 yrs of them, including back assembler.

If someone else is foolish enough to work this thru for you then it will be on their head, not mine

"37 yrs of them, including back assembler "
Wow. Super impressed. When you wrote your first line of code, I had been programming for eighteen years. Still, never heard of "back" assembler.

Anyway, I resent your pompous presumption that I am up to no good. I'm just trying to facilitate network configurating. We're done.

No assertion re you, but the entire process is a security risk -- take it as you will

Back