Hooking PC to a TV

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am as dumb as a box of rocks. But can I run my compute through my TV? If so what do I need. It is a Dell 3000. thanks

Well, of the site I looked at when googling your computer I only saw a VGA out, which is how you've connected your monitor. Also it turns out you don't have any AGP slots. So unfortunately right now you can't hook your computer up to a TV.

I did some very quick searching and found a Radeon 7000 video card that would work for you. It has an S-Video output that you can run with an s-video cable to your TV. It also has a DVI connection, so if you wanted to get really fancy and had a hdtv you could buy a DVI to HDMI cable and watch stuff in HD. But I'm not sure the processor on that computer could handle real hd...

Honestly, I don't know. It's a possibility that it would run 1080i, but I'm not sure. I personally have a Demension 2400 (Same CPU) and it runs Movies (SD) flawlessly, so I'd say we need someone to give it a shot... though I don't recommend it to someone who describes themselves as "dumb as rocks"... ;)

If your TV has a VGA input then you can hook it up with a spare VGA cable, availiable at most computer and electronics stores. (It's the same cable used to connect your monitor to your PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back