Hooking speakers up to my Dell laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, I am new to TechSpot and I have a question. I am having a party and I was trying to figure out how I am going to play the music. One idea I had was to hook some speakers up to my laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501. Can anyone in this community give me any ideas or suggest different ways I could use to amplify my music for a party of about 50-75? thanks!!

-Newlyfound08

Newlyfound08 said:
Hello everyone, I am new to TechSpot and I have a question. I am having a party and I was trying to figure out how I am going to play the music. One idea I had was to hook some speakers up to my laptop. I have a Dell Inspiron 1501. Can anyone in this community give me any ideas or suggest different ways I could use to amplify my music for a party of about 50-75? thanks!!

-Newlyfound08

Welcome to TechSpot!

Why don't you hook-up the laptop directly to your home stereo system, if you have one instead of speakers. Just have to buy what is called Y-adapter...

Y-adapter is 1/8 male connector with two RCA left and right connectors for audio. Works the same way like using and IPOD. As for speakers you need to get a 5.1 mini system with enough watts say 80 to 150w comes with 5 speakers and active subwoofer. Plus wireless remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back