How do i check my internet speed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

disciple

Ok; feel a bit of a lemon here, but just got my internet upgraded from 1mb to 2mb. Thing is i'm not sure how to test the speed; i have a broadband speed test program but can't make head nor tail of it. Can somebody give me any indication of what i should look for to know that i do now have 2mb? Cheers.

There are some websites that have speed tests.
http://www.dslreports.com/stest

Some usenet or newsgroup providers also offer speed tests. All you need to do is find a fast server to download from. I can max out my 6mb connection downloading from some servers.

Can't find servers

I have just downloaded that for mine but when I tried to test the speed I got
TEST ERROR
The test couldn't find servers. It recommended turning off Norton firewall and trying again, so I did, but I got the same error message. Could it be that I live too far away to use it(Ireland)?

You won't believe this but my internet came practically to a grinding halt; been in touch with my supplier and they speeded up things a bit, but still not right. Ran spyware and antivirus with no luck; so thinking of starting form scratch with a clean install.

It is IE, MSN explorer realy. It blocked it, but I had to look.
cheak it out,
https://www.techspot.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/976/size/big/cat/500/page/1
windows update said:
High-priority updates
No high-priority updates for your computer are available. To select other updates, use the options to the left.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
disciple said:
You won't believe this but my internet came practically to a grinding halt; been in touch with my supplier and they speeded up things a bit, but still not right. Ran spyware and antivirus with no luck; so thinking of starting form scratch with a clean install.
I tryed Blue Light(K-mart brand of net-zero) when I had dial-up. For a short time it was okay, like~40k. After a week or so they cut me off to like ~3k. I called and complained then thay said I could have three more months free. I told them to cancel me. They had caped off my bandwidth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back