How do I find my WEP Sercruity Code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ginja Ninja

I'm trying to set up my PSP online but need my WEP Sercruity Code so it can connect to my router! However I'm not sure how to find my WEP Code. I'm using a Speedtouch Wireless Router. If you need any more info please ask

Regards
Ginga Ninja

The WEP keys should be displayed in the wireless setup page of your router.

If they are not, then just give the network a new key.

if the above is not possible, then there is a program called: aircrack which can decrypt the WEP key of a network. Use on someone elses network is illegal - do not attempt.

Using a PC thats connected to the Modem/router, go START / RUN and type CMD

In the box, type IPCONFIG /ALL -dont forget the space!

Look at the dns server ip.

Type it inti the address bar of you browser {I.E or Firefox} and it should take you to the Router Login.

Default login is usually ADMIN / Password, or admin / admin.

Look in the Wireless section and you can see the WEP key!

If you do not know how to set up "your" router, then maybe you are not supposed to touch it in the first place?

We are not going to tell you how to break into places. (PBNinja should think before breaking the law)

Fragrant Coit said:
Using a PC thats connected to the Modem/router, go START / RUN and type CMD

In the box, type IPCONFIG /ALL -dont forget the space!

Look at the dns server ip.

Type it inti the address bar of you browser {I.E or Firefox} and it should take you to the Router Login.

Default login is usually ADMIN / Password, or admin / admin.

Look in the Wireless section and you can see the WEP key!

kk, Does that actually affect my broadband in anyway i.e: Deactivate it or something. I'm just don't want to affect it in anyway

PBNinja: if it was my network, then surely I would know the access codes to it?

I've tryed Fragrant Coit's Method, However I didn't find any WEP Code on the Speedtouch Set up Page. Anyother Methods?

Your router came with a manual or at least a setup page right? If not you can find one online from the manufacturer's website.

You should read that, then get into the router setup page and find or set your WEP key like everyone above has already said.

Please Help Me

Ginja Ninja said:
I'm trying to set up my LAPTOP online but need my WEP Sercruity Code so it can connect to my router! However I'm not sure how to find my WEP Code. I'm using a Speedtouch Wireless Router. If you need any more info please ask. PLEASE HELP ME

Regards
HIGHLANDER

Ninja you should ask Mom or Dad if it's okay for you to get your PSP/laptop online. They will know what the WEP key is and will be able to help you get your PSP/laptop connected to the net.

oops; NEVER config the router using a Wireless connection. If you try this,
you will loose the connection before the reconfig is complete and you will
be in real pain.

1) use a WIRED connection
2) and then you need the router password, not the WEP or WPA key

then you can set a new WEP / WPA key and record it for future reference :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back