how do i know if i have pci-e?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazdude

am wondering if i have pci-e in my Mobo, how can i know? i opened the case and where there shud be a agp slot there is a long one (little bit longer than a normal PCI slot) and it is black. my computer is an HP pavilion a1211n and here are some epecs:

amd anthlon 64 3500 processor @ 2.2 Ghz
512 Ram (448 cuz of onboards graphics)
intergrated ati radeon express 200 (it takes shared memmory)
250 Gb hard disk

well dunno what else to write, i just wanna know if my computer will be able to upgrade it video card (it says another ati external card will work greatly with the current onboard one) if you all need more info in order to determine let me know. is this pc any good for playing games? i know it aint the best video card but if i can upgrade it?

post your motherboardpost your motherboard make and manufacture and moddle number and someone will tell you on the bored you can look in the computre its the longest slot on the bored just make shore you donbt vioud you warinty by opening the case tyake a look at this site http://img.ferra.ru/pubimages/70046.gif if it looks like the one labled 16 x then you have a pci express slot

it is that black long one, the one that says x16, well how much does it actually measure to make sure? what ya mean by i have a pci express? what if it were one that said x8 or x4 or x1, arent those PCI express also? and all i know that my mobo manufacturer is ASUS tek, i cant seem to find what model it is, i even ran that everest thing and the cpu-z software, it doesnt appear. is motherboard id any useful? cuz it says this in mobo id:

10/14/2005-RS482-SB400-Amberine-00

i jsut want to make sure i can replace the video card if this intergrated ati radeon xpress 200 gets annoying, its worked fine for now, and i must say, for it being a intergrated card, its not bad, it runs most games pretty fine. and i found out i have a 64 bit processor, is that any good? what is a 64 bit processor anyways? is it good for playing games?

edit i justr sAw your last post and im confused that link says your motyherboard only has a pci1x slot, i tink youi should wait for a more exprenced person to tell you, sorry i cant be of any more help, is that slot on your computervery tiny like >2 inches or is it long like 8< inches

Expansion slots Three PCI
One PCI Express (No AGP slot)

look @ the diagram and the info is there also to the left of it it actually tells what slots they are.
hope that helps

Yeah I saw the diagram ie: (another word for picture)
I checked out my mobo pics and it actually says the same thing.
pci-e x1 and i do have a pci-e card installed... :)

Future refrence if gaming dont buy onboard video card. :dead:

so i can install a geforece 7800 pci express if i somehow get the money and buy another PSU? (its only 300 watt) if i put that card in wud it be good for gaming, or a geforece 6800? or radeon x850? lol, am curious. and this onboard video card is fairly decent... for now, when it ticks me off(in about a month or so) ill prolly get a new one to team it up with my cpu, prolly will get a gig or ram.

PCI-E x1 means it has one PCI-E slot,you can now buy boards that have two PCI-E slots,and use two video cards at the same time.

crazdude said:
so i can install a geforece 7800 pci express if i somehow get the money and buy another PSU? (its only 300 watt) if i put that card in wud it be good for gaming, or a geforece 6800? or radeon x850? lol, am curious. and this onboard video card is fairly decent... for now, when it ticks me off(in about a month or so) ill prolly get a new one to team it up with my cpu, prolly will get a gig or ram.

Yes, you can install any of those cards above you ask about, provided they are PCI-express cards, and your PSU is upgraded.

And yes, any of those cards would make a HUGE difference in gaming compared to your onboard graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back