How do I reinstall my comp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leadpill924

My computer has a badass virus, so I'm going to reinstall my computer. The only problem is that I don't know how to reinstall it. So can someone please tell me how to do this because last time during boot it didn't show my icons or anything, and for some reason so many of my resources are being used. If you need any of my system info please just ask.

EDIT PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:
Ok so yesterday my sound was fine on the comp, and now it just says no audio device detected, do you guys think its a virus?

You are going to reinstall your virus? hehe :D

I am assuming you are using Windows XP SP2 right? Have you tried getting into Windows and attempting to remove the virus? Maybe you should try some suggestions of removing the virus from TechSpot instead or reformatting right away.

Chris

Yes XP SP2, no I want a reinstall, I got so many things on this comp that don't even work and I don't want to remove them all one by one. If I reinstall do I need to install Windows XP SP2 again?

Originally Posted by ChrisLam
You are going to reinstall your virus?

I believe what he was getting at is this.

How can you save files that may be infected to reinstall on a clean machine?

You will just be reinfecting yourself.

You should try the removal procedure. It may not be that bad. Atleast let them have a look.

If not then a clean reinstall will mean starting completely over.

Well yes I see that now, so putting my music and bookmarks on a jumpdrive, I run the risk of taking the virus along with it.

Ok so all I have to do is put my Windows XP CD into the cd drive thing whatever its called, and then make sure it starts on the CD, and then it will reinstall windows fresh?

Ok so yesterday my sound was fine on the comp, and now it just says no audio device detected, do you guys think its a virus?

You could have worked through the preliminary removal process by now.

Give it a shot. It is worth not losing all of your stuff.

Actually I'm grounded right now so I will do it when I am ungrounded, I am only supposed to be doing homework but I am trying to get more responses onto this so I can get more info and advice.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Turns out it was this program called Driver Cleaner Pro. It is supposed to remove old unneeded files from your drivers.. I guess it removed something important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back