How do I remove PC-cillin 2000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tennisbabe529

Can you help me remove Pc-Cillin 2000 i found the trend Micro file and selected the PC-cillin 2000 in the file are WebTrapNT.exe and WTRes.dll When i hit delete this is what it says Cannot delete WebTrapNT.exe: Access is Denied. Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Which it is not in use. please help me figure this out so i can delete them

You can remove the files that arn't removed by taking ownership of them, though this method is recommended for experienced computer users. Do you think you can do it?

OK, if you have MSN, add me kchiddle@hotmail.com I don't want to post any information on deleting protected files and get in trouble by admin's or anything. I will be on in about 10 minutes after I get off work to help fix the problem.

An easy fix is to first use Add and Remove.
Then go to www.majorgeeks.com to download
RegCleaner 4.3.0.780 by Vouni Vuorio and install it.
You can use this carefully to remove all references to PC Cillin. They will be placed in a temporary folder in case you make a mistake that requires you to get them back.
Go through all the columns or category choices... When you have found and removed all of theml, shut down RegCleaner.
then reboot and run Add and Remove again... If it still finds PCCillin, it will remove it easily now.
Presto. You are done.

How do you mean it didn't work... RegClean didn't find the PCCillin?
Did you try the removal while in safe mode?
Testing here, PC_Cillin is removed by add and removed, and by right clicking on the PC-Cillin icon in Programs, and deleting it there.
Please add info about what is going one?

Registry cleaners are not a great idea, if they don't make backups (I'm guessing that one does) and important registry's are deleted it could make programs, even windows, unusable. Registry cleaners are best used if you know what to look for. You could use it, removing only registry's that directly link to PCCillin and leave the rest. But they don't always fix problems. Also the file she wants removed is not a registry, it is a windows protected file. It is write protected so that virus's can not manipulate or delete this file. How ever there is a trick to deleting the file, and I made sure it is a PC Cillin file and it is, so it is safe to delete. A There is a program I know of, instead of using the Command based way, If you are running Windows XP or even Vista 32bit.

This program lets you do like I was saying and take control over files so it is probably not wise for me to post it here in a public forum as people could get a hold of it and damage there computer. I will tell you over msn or in a private message what it is.

You seem to have disabled private messages and my post is too long to go into your Visitor message so, when you have time, go on msn, I will send you the information.

It depends a bit on what version of PC-cilling you have installed, but one program that works on most versions is Revo Uninstaller 1.83 which you can find <free> at www.majorgeeks.com/Revo_Uninstaller_d5706.html.
Run it in Safe Mode.
Using a registry editor like RegCure or RegClean or RegCln, look for PC-cillin Antivirus instead of what you think is installed. Remove it while in Safe Mode.
Also worked for us: Panda Quick Remover Panda-Software (free)
Once it has expired, Trend Micro wants you to pay to have it removed... TrendMicro is not playing nice in that case. They do post "removal tools" on their web-site, but those tools do not work for everyone.
My best luck has come using RegClean by Juoni Viourio on the www.majorgeeks.com... but it takes a working knowledge of registry edits... though this is a very simple version. You need to know what to look for... so you look for PC-cillin AntiVirus
Another is PC-cillin PatternFile 5.970.18.
PC-cilling is difficult to remove because the designers have installed four invisible files with what are called King O drivers... and if you do not know what to look for, and the removal tool doesn't know what to look for, it is difficult.
Also, if you get the correct version, the TrendMicro removal tool will do it... which you have to stumble around to find... at
http://www.trendmicro.com/download dcs.asp or similar.

This is a problem file set, as you can determine by doing a Gurgle search for "PC-cilling Removal Tool" or similar.

Thanks, I have all the information saved at home so I will send it when I go for lunch in about an hour. In the mean time heres a few things to do before. If you already know where the two files you want to delete are, then ignore this:

Turn on to show hidden files; Go to "My Computer", Click "Tools" at the top, Click "Folder Options", click the tab at the top called View, then click the bubble that says Show hidden files and folders.

Next, you will have to find the files that are associated with PC Cillin, they will either be in a folder where you installed Trend, which you can check first, or go and do a search for those files. To do a search, click Start, then click Search, select to search for all files and folders, then in the first box type one of the two files (WebTrapNT.exe OR WTRes.dll) when you find the file, right click and select "Open Containing Folder" This will bring up a new window with the file highlighted, do this with the second file. The rest will be done when you have the program to delete these files.

Tennisbabe529, tell us if the ComputerGuy55 suggestion worked, please.

The PC-cillin and TrendMicro uninstall problems, along with several others, are out of control. We have clients who find they have to pay for a new subscription in order to delete... and that is obviously not right... the removal tool should be part of the program.

It should work. I know it can get of most files, just not every file. But there is a command based way to take over a file and do with it what you want, which would be the next step, and only option for Windows Vista 64bit users like myself. The program is not yet usable for 64bit Vista.

And yes you are very correct, they distribute it on their website but it should come with the installation and be completely removable, Removing all extra files, registry's and processes.

BTW private message was sent, please reply back here if it works.

by the way it worked and PC-Cillin is gone from the file but it still comes up in add and remove but when i delete it through that is says the program does not exist varify that ir is there and that it runs. how do i delete this or do i not need to worry about it since the folder and files are gone? thanks so much!

There may still be registry's or a folder that still exists of PC Cillin. Any folders left from PC Cillin should be deleted, or if the Add/Remove option allows you to just delete it off the list, then do so. Otherwise it will stay there unless it were re-installed and uninstalled fully again. But no really worry about being in the list, doesn't make much of a difference just means that there are files still, but they shouldn't affect system preformance at all.

I'm not sure why private messaging wont work, its enabled on my profile. We can just continue on here. DId you do the chkdsk for that blue screen error?

im going to do it right now and it did the blue screen while i was talking to you earlier on msn and it had a different phrase or thing then then first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back