How do I share the speed of my network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malganis

I have a basic network setup with a Model, a Router to split the connection, and 3 computers and 2 laptops with a wireless card and 1 computer wired to the router. How can I split the connection so that if only 1 is online, it gets full speed, but as soon as the second comes online, it shares it's speed with it, but balanced, so not that if PC 1 is gaming with a ping of 10ms, and PC 2 comes online and streams videos online, PC 1's ping raises to 1000.

Because I have the idea that this happens allot.

One final question;

Which is better, the situation I have now, or a HomePlug network? Internet via the electrical network. A good manufacturer of such products would be Devolo, I heard. Product link; http://www.devolo.com/co_EN_cs/produkte/dlan/mldlanhsethernet.html

I don't think theres much you can do about it.

It's not the Network thats a bottleneck, its the Internet. If you are happily fragging with a good ping, and someone else starts looking at YouTube videos, you are sharing the bandwidth, and both are gonna suffer to some extent, more so if someone else joins in.

Better routers have QoS abilities that let you give priorities to different systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back