How do u disable touch pad mouse click

Status
Not open for further replies.

yyiiyyii

how do u disable touch pad mouse click

I have a touch pad mouse on my laptop and if u touch the pad it clicks and if u move your finger on the pad it moves the mouse. I am fine with the moveing i dont like the clicking, if i want to click something i can use the mouse buttons for that

hi yiiyyii,

there should be a setting in your mouse properties control panel. labeled "enable tap to click" (or something similar).

since you wish to disable the feature, I assume that you're "clicking" by accident. you can probably solve that problem by reducing the touchpad sensitivity (same control panel).

personally I can't do without that feature when using my laptop. I don't have the patience to move my finger over to the buttons ;)

cheers :wave:

Don't you think that different laptops just miight have different programs on it?

What kind of a laptop do you have? Do you have the touchpad software installed?

i think in XP the mouse options should be the same

although for the recored i have a HP DV6052US notbook

The default XP mouse options do not have any Touchpad options. You need to install drivers/software for your Touchpad that will create an appropriate page in the mouse setup applet.

sorry, I assumed that your laptop already had the enhanced drivers already installed from the factory... I guess not. I couldn't find your specific model number (DV6052US) on HP's site, but after selecting a few similar model #'s it appears that they use the same touchpad driver (although you should verify that before downloading/installing it):

--->Touchpad Driver<---

Synaptics TouchPad Driver
Release Date: 2007-01-04
Version: 9.0.1.5 P

Description:

This package contains the Synaptics Touchpad driver for the listed notebook models and operating systems. The driver provides advanced features such as PalmCheck, EdgeMotion, tap zones, double-tap, and tap-to-select

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back