How do you do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeParadoX

I got alot of processes running at once and they arnt nessecary to run my computer ( Msn.exe, Itunes.exe and alot of other stuff ) I wanted to know if I can delete them for good and leave them off so when I turn on my computer they dont start up and take all my CPU usage so I dont have to Ctrl + alt + delete and take them off all the time

the easiest way to stop most programs from starting automatically with windows is: goto START > RUN > TYPE "MSCONFIG" (without the quotes), click the startup tab, and disable the ones you don't want

if there are still processes that you want to disable but aren't listed in the startup tab of MSCONFIG, then you can right-mouse click on "my computer" > select "manage" > expand "services and applications" > highlight "services" > double click on any service you want to disable, or change to manual. only change services that you know you don't need, if you aren't sure what it does, or aren't sure if it's necessary then I would recommend leaving it alone ;) (some services are required for windows to function properly)

cheers :wave:

I know the services that need for windows to run but thanks for you reply =)

Im basicly turning off the stuff I dont use like MSN =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back