How do you like your gaming camera?

How do you have your camera options?

• Only Inverted for left and right

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Inverted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Benny26

Do you have it 'Normal', 'Inverted', or just partly Inverted?

I thought I'd ask this because I find it amazing how my brain can't handle up for up and down for down (I like mine inverted up and down only). I keep these options for all games I play, but It would be interesting to hear if people have different options for different games...

And by 'Gaming Camera' I mean how you have the controls set to move the camera while in a game.

Anyway, you can vote in the poll if you wish.

I would answer this poll, if not for some confusion on my part. "Gaming camera"? What the heck is a gaming camera? Are we talking about things like a Playstation 2 "Eye Toy" interactive game camera? If I'm totally off base and it has nothing to do with things similar to the Eye Toy, than I might need to do some research and find out what all the hubb bubb is all about.

I didn't realize it was so hard to understand, Zen :eek:. I mean the in-game camera of course, not any additional hardware or anything like that.

What do you have the controls set up to do to move the camera when you're playing a game. Most games offer options to 'Invert' the controls so like when you push up on the analog stick the camera in game moves downward, or push left and the camera moves right.

Inverted always. Idk why. It will be interesting to see what people say. I have flown small airplanes since I was 17 so inverted feels natural to me.

Oh and I never realized there was an inverted option for left and right. That sounds rather confusing.

Ranger12, do you use inverted for fps games? I can't imagine using anything but the regular controls for them. I've tried inverted for flying games, but I'm much worse with it.

After looking through a few of my games here's how it goes. FPS are normal, third person cameras are inverted controls and flying is def inverted controls.

Now that I know what we are talking about here, it a big "inverted" for me! Like Ranger12 has said, I to at times fly small single prop planes and gyro level B helicopters, pull back on the stick and your aircraft goes up, I like that in a mouse, pull back on the mouse, your camera view goes up! It just feels right!

Inverted up/down for me - I started playing PC games long before fps games were prevalent and the only type of game where it mattered back then was flight sims. I spent many, many hours playing Mech Warrior 1 and A-10 Tank Killer and those too were inverted experiences for me.

When I was younger and played Battle Engine Aquila, I never understood what it was, and used inverted. Was inconvenient, but soon got used to it. Then, when I played Halo, in which you get to choose during the training, I started liking the normal rather than inverted y-axis. So normal, not inverted.

Quote:

"After looking through a few of my games here's how it goes. FPS are normal, third person cameras are inverted controls and flying is def inverted controls."

Pretty much this, depends on the game I guess.

Normal except flight. Too much normal computer usage has me used to working with mouse pointer in that way.

Seems a few of you have the inverted controls just for flying...Interesting. Maybe that's where my preference for inverted comes from because I did like my flying stuff back in the day.

Never really thought about it like that.

Normal. I had mine inverted for a while to partly mimic the controls on playstation and xbox. I don't remember when I switched to normal mode, but I haven't been able to use the mouse any other way since.

Seems a few of you have the inverted controls just for flying...Interesting. Maybe that's where my preference for inverted comes from because I did like my flying stuff back in the day.

Never really thought about it like that.

I think quite a few early shooters on PC had inverted controls as standard. Especially the first ones that actually had mouse control and not just keyboard controls. In the beginning I remember having to change quite a few games to "non inverted" from their default setting.

Back