How do you open a Packard Bell Easynote s4?

I'm upgrading a packard bell easy note s4's memory. It has one easy access ram port (empty) and the ram its using is internal. I want to upgrade both slots. The easy access is, well easy.

However opening the laptop turned out to be problematic. I removed every screw I could find (carefully placing same on a paper diagram of the rear.) However the back still will not open, its comes away slightly from the front (opposite side to the screens connection to the laptop.) But something is definitely still holding it in place.

All help will be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

Packard Bell EasyNote S4
MS-Model: ASD30 IN0009

Have you removed the keyboard, there is probably a screw or two under it. I don't know this model but the RAM may be there as well.

Thanks... but how do you remove the keyboard without breaking it. I haven't much experience with laptops, built hundreds of desktops. I thought the keyboard was accessed from underneath, ie when the laptop was open

Sorry for the duplicate posts, bad internet connection.

Most of the laptops I have taken apart have been Dell. On the ones I have done the keypad has tabs around the edge of it that lock it into the surrounding cover, not obvious by any means.

Keyboards are (in all the cases I have seen) a replaceable part so it should be possible to remove it. Look around the edge of it, there may even be a sprung wire holding it in as on some Dells. On some the adjacent cover just above the keyboard has to be removed first. Remember, if you need to use force your probably doing it wrong.

You could try Googling the problem, even if you get some guide on a similar model that should help.

EDIT, found it. Not your model but could not find an instruction for the S4. Hope it helps.

http://www.cyfinity.com/2009/01/packard-bell-easynote-keyboard-replacement-mz35mz36/

Back