How to Boot to BIOS in Windows 11

Please explain how the OS can make the Mother Board Post faster.
The Mother Board / BIOS / UEFI post happens before the OS is booted.

Disable fast boot in windows will give you a better chance at hitting del/f2 (whatever key your PC/motherboard manufacturer uses). also if the bios supports the ability to change you can add a boot delay as well... I prefer the traditional f2/del method so setup my stuff accordingly, digging through many menus instead seems counterintuitive.

I haven't tried windows 11 for now, and I did not know that booting too fast could be a problem...
My windows 10 boots quite fast as it is, on my 512GB Sabrent PCIe 4x NvME drive, the time allowed to press DEL to enter BIOS is quite small already, being a problem shows how fast it must be! 😲

Disable fast boot in windows will give you a better chance at hitting del/f2 (whatever key your PC/motherboard manufacturer uses). also if the bios supports the ability to change you can add a boot delay as well... I prefer the traditional f2/del method so setup my stuff accordingly, digging through many menus instead seems counterintuitive.

Counterintuitive AND time consuming... Granted, you are not supposed to go playing with BIOS settings every minute once everything is configured, but still...

What a load on nonsense just mash the delete key on power on and you'll get into the UEFI even with fastboot enabled
1: push the power button
2: wait until the power light on your monitor changes to active from sleep
3: continuously tap the DEL or F1 or F9 button
4: change setting in UEFI
5: save and reboot
done

What a load on nonsense just mash the delete key on power on and you'll get into the UEFI even with fastboot enabled
1: push the power button
2: wait until the power light on your monitor changes to active from sleep
3: continuously tap the DEL or F1 or F9 button
4: change setting in UEFI
5: save and reboot
done
I would say skip Step 2 even (slow monitor power quite often)

This is one of the weirder articles I've seen especially since it doesn't even talk about the shutdown command to enter the bios.
But seriously, just tap del. It's not hard to get into the bios this way.
If I can get into the bios by tapping del with my 12900K running at 5.4 GHz, 32 GB DDR5 at 6600 mhz cl32, with fast boot enabled and Windows 11 on a 980 Pro then any modern config is no different.

Accessing the BIOS / UEFI is a Mother Board function.
Most common keys to press at boot are DEL and F2. Some other use F9

Back