How to find IP address on a network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Start > Run > CMD

Type in Ipconfig

Type the IP Address that's in Default Gateway in your internet browser's address bar

A prompt will come up asking for username and password, don't put anything for the username and type admin in the password section.

Post back on what happens and I'll help you more.

Thanks a lot people, much appreciated. I downloaded network magic a few days ago but couldnt work out how to do it. xXxZxXx has now told me how to find the subnet mask which I do need. Will give it another try.

xXxZxXx seems that is not the password...mmm...how can I now find out what the password is?

Thanks again:)

xXxZxXx gave you the default password for a Linksys router. Is that the type of router you are using on your network? If so, who set it up for you, as they may have changed the login details. If you are using a diferent router, the instructions will not work,

mazza32 said:
Can anyone help me to find all the IP addresses on my network?

read more carefully; ALL addresses, not His address. IPCONFIG reports the
interface settings of only the active system :)

Network discovery uses various techniques to POLL all addresses on the subnet
to discover all systems -- Network Magic :)

Jobeard, if you noticed I was gaining him access into his router/gateway. But I do not know what kind of router/gateway he has and the information I had provided him was a standard linksys login information. If his router/gateway was setup with a different username and password then I won't be able to assist him as he'll have to find out this information. In some routers/gateways it will display a list of ip address's on your network, my router does atleast.

again, the keyword is ALL.

The router will contain a list of DHCP addresses that are attached.
It will not contain its own address.

Results:
The router and any static ip addresses on the subnet will be missed.

Thanks

Thanks for helping, appreciate that.

I have been mucking around with network magic for a while. I am not sure how to find IP addresses on it, however, whatever I try requires a password. :-(

You need the Pure Networks Platform Service running, but in the GUI program,
you should be able to click Network Map and see all devices discovered at install time.

Clicking on an icon in the map will display a tabbed view on the right panel which
gives Detail info on the device, MAC, IP, device name, and even the OS/SP level

SNGX1275 said:
Just log into your router and check the DHCP Clients List
This is still BY FAR the simplest and easiest method, and it doesn't require you to run some special program.

And I think its a valid suggestion over another program, mazza32 has not said anything to indicate to me he has anything other than a basic network. If he said he has multiple hubs/switches/routers/APs, then you would need something more advanced. But the router itself will tell you the MAC address, the computer name, and the local IP on a common simple home network setup.

Found it!!!

Thank you all very much for your help. The magic software did it:) Once I got your instructions, it was easy:)

The otherway wasnt possible as I could not locate the password unfortunately.

I have 4 computers running on the network, the main uses a different modem, the others use a wireless.

Once again thanks so much for your time:)

Maz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back