How to fix stuck pixels on PC screen?

By Mikey_Gore
Nov 20, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. Hi,

    I have something visible on the screen which I can best describe as pixels which brightness is slightly more than the rest of the screen.

    I can't say it is dead pixel, because the color changes appropriately to what is viewed making it difficult to spot. So it isn't color stuck, but more like brigtness stuck.

    I think the correct term is brightness burnout or something.

    Anyway is there a way to fix these? I know there are a couple of pixel testing software ad some say they repair them. Do these software actually repair them or hide them? How could a software fix something like stuck pixels?


  2. fimbles

    fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,183   +207

    Theres a few methods i have read about.

    Putting a SMALL amount of presure on the offending pixel with your finger.

    Using a video like this : ( Seizure warning, contains strobing)

    Never had a dead pixel so no idea if any of these actually work, but the you tube comments seem hopefull. :)
  3. red1776

    red1776 Omnipotent Ruler of the Universe Posts: 5,073   +164

    It has worked for me a few times over the years.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...