How to install SATA drivers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ibanez765

Hi !

How do I install SATA drivers on my Acer Aspire 5110 ? Can I download them from anywhere ? I don't have any Driver CD.
I'm using Windows Vista.

Thanks

You could put SATA drivers in google and i can guarantee 99.9% will NOT work.

However if you give us the make of the hard drive and we/you put it in google i can guarantee you will find them

More info needed to help ;)

is it a:

Seagate Momentus 5400.2 120GB 8MB SATA Hard drive?

This does not require a driver according to Seagate...
is there any reason as to why you need one?

Hmmm ok whats the reason for needing the driver if i may ask?

I missed your Laptop name above and according to Seagate there is no driver released for this hard drive so i was wrong in saying there would be a driver through a google search.

I did some Vista tests and it said that my Hard Disk isn't working at full transfer speed or something like that.
And when I open Device Manager It says that the Hard disk is ATA and I think It's suppose to be SATA.

I think you will have to change something in the BIOS...but im not sure.

I have to leave you tonight but i will take a look at the user manual tomorrow to see if its something to do with that.

However until then
Follow through the Seagate help utility and see if it comes up with any answers
This can be found HERE

Then download Sandra from HERE

Then see what it says in there about your hard drive. Does it say its a SATA? or still ATA

If you're looking for SATA drivers, you are really looking for SATA or RAID controller drivers. The SATA/RAID controller drivers should be downloaded from the manufacturer's website, in this case Acer. While Vista should have your SATA drivers already, you might need the latest versions from Acer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back