How to remove new folder.exe from my thumbdrive

Status
Not open for further replies.
my tumbdrive has infected "new folder.exe".
i've tried scan by AVG antivirus software, but it couldn't found the virus.
then i tried to farmat it instead, but the process was failed.

now, the virus is still in my tumbdrive, and I cant use my tumbdrive.

Is there any solution to solve this.

Hi i_chyi and welcome to techspot. =)

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. Do follow all the instructions exactly. They will provide logs for analysis of your system so I will know how to instruct you to proceed.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste your logs if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of i_chyi only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

my tumbdrive now contain nothing but the "new folder.exe",
i've tried to delete it, but it create itself.
thus, i try to format is... but the process failed..
then i scan it with AVG antivirus, but it found nothing...

now i dare not use this tumbdirve...
but it seem wasted if i just leave it like that.
Hence, i wish to recover this tumbdrive(pendrive).

Hi,

Have you tried using AVG Antispyware on the thumbdrive? You will need to update to the latest definitions, then go to "Custom Scan" and add your thumbdrive for scanning.

The reason why I requested you to visit the thread and provide us some logs is because there might be a possibility that yours system is not as clean as you think and something might be the culprit for adding "new folder.exe" in your thumb.

That said, I still recommend you to perform those instructions and allow us to take a look at your logs.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of i_chyi only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

EASY!!!!!!! TRY THIS guaranteed to heal.

Go into www.eset.com.
Download the trial version of nod 32. its a 11 mb file wont take long.

update it.another 5 minutes.

Scan your Pc.

KABOOM!!!!!! you are free of 'hakaglan.G .exe' Alias 'new folder .exe'.

Trust me it works.man this worm made me tear my hair apart.
wish i knew this before .
could have saved my scalp.

heal your pendrive too if thats infected.:cool:

Hi i_chyi,

I just experienced the same problem you had,I ll just tell u wat i tried to get rid of the virus(New Folder.exe),First my anti virus failed to detect it as a virus, then i tried to format it using Fat file system but even after formatting the drive the virus was not deleted,then again i tried using Fat 32 still the same problem,but next time i just formatted the drive using NTFS file system and guess what???????

yuppeeeee it was deleted and i could reuse my pen drive.

Hope this thing even works for u..........

Tell me if it worked.

awesome post thanks for the help u guys the new folder virus was driving me nuts but hte eset trial did the trick thanks a bunch people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back