How to shutdown integrated graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DjKraid

Hi!

I have an abit A-S78H motherboard and i have 4Gb ram but when I run dxdiag it says that I have 3.25Gb...so I was wondering how to disabel the integrated graphics card so it wouldn't take that 750Mb of ram "away"..?
-I'm not using it so it's unessesary for it to use any of my ram...

sorry for the spelling...and thx!

Usually they are automatically disabled when you install a plug-in card. If the integrated cad is not disabled then you have to go into the bios and find the screen that has the video card listed and make sure it is set to disabled.

I disabled it at one place already in the bios and that way I got 250Mb more ram...first when i got the computer it said in the dxdiag that i hag 1Gb ram but i had actualli 2Gbs...but I'll chek if I can find anything else in the bios when i come home :)

btw. i tried to clock the comp. but when it rebooted from bios it didn't boot at all...is there a jumpr that i have to move or something? -I didn't get a manual with the motherboard so...

This problem is not about Video memory being wasted, or used somewhere in bios
It is not about overclocking, and how to get the maximum performance from a CPU

32-bit OS's can not see over 3.2gb of ram, and that is that!

Yes there are ways to make your 32bit OS show 4Gig. But why? Xp32bit will never use it (probably not even above 2Gig)

If you want to max your performance, go for Vista 64Bit OS, with minimum 4Gig Ram !

32-bit OS's can not see over 3.2gb of ram, and that is that!

I have also 4Gb ram in my other computer and there's the same xp in it aswell! so wy dosn't the new computer support it then? and why did I earlier have omly 1Gb insted of 2Gbs?!?

I had to go check your specifications for your model (just in case!) But it says supports up to 8Gig

Just to go over what I said
Xp32Bit OS does not see above 3.2Gb
But.
You can tweek the settings to make it show 4Gig
But
Having more than 2GB of RAM in a 32 bit OS is pretty irrelevant anyway since under a 32bit architecture the OS can only allocate:
2GB to any one given task.

Disable Integrated graphics.

Go to device manager, display adapters, Intel graphics, click on it, then device usage, do not use this device.

now i got the ram problem solved but now i have new problems with the 64-bit os... (win xp pro) cant install bf2142

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back