Hp 2000 notebook is dying

Hi,thankyou in advance for any help I may receive. I had an error message on my notebook about the fan having problems. I opened it up and cleaned it, it was in a terrible mess, full of dust and I think also coffee that had been spilt previously. Anyway I cleaned it up, but now it's having major issues. It turns on, but there is no display, power lights and wifi lights are on. I went to turn it off, but it wouldn't shut down. And when
I press the power button to do this, it sounds like it's shorting out?

If it were mine, I would find a couple of Youtube vids about disassembling notebooks like mine. I would then try again.

While there is a good chance that the fan problems, and heat have broken something, the most likely cause is putting a long screw into a short screw hole - causing a ground where one is not expected. Another is the attachment of ribbon cables with their difficult connectors.

The best resolution comes from finding a disassembly video for your specific machine and working through that as you re-build your notebook again.

Thanks for your reply,I did look up youtube,and thats how I learnt how to clean it.But will check again just incase I went wrong somewhere.

Back