HP dv4000 not responding correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PISSED

Hello, my HP laptop stops responding, while playing a game or just general browsing, it would freeze. This has been going on since I got it from a friend. Its about as irritating as the COM surrogate error. I've tried many times trying to find the problem. One day while looking at mail, it froze again, so I got a little annoyed and tapped it, and it decided to respond. Now everytime it freezes I have to hit it like a 30 year old tube tv to get it to respond. I would like to know if there is a permanent fix for this masochist laptop.

-thank you for putting up with my bichin-

pissed, yes, there's solution for this laptop. the solution is do reballing of the northbridge chip. that's of course if your memory modules are ok.

well. my ram is fine. . . there goes a simple solution. I guess I'll have to use lamos' idea, thank you very much for your help!

well, i cant get the little pain to come apart. i looked over it countless times, and i cant seem to get it all the way apart. Why would the northbridge chip cause this problem, I'm aware of what it does, but is my problem the usual problem with the chip? and how will reballing help? better communication with the rest of the motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back