HP P1006 printer problem!pls help

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a hp p1006 install in windows xp pro, and share it to LAN. it is no problem printing in main PC, but it cause very slow for the other network PCs when they printing. The other brand printer also share in the same LAN, but won't be that happen. Why???

It's all that two way communication technology.
Pop up messages about updates, ink levels, Now Printing!, Print page finished! and web updates all happening in the background, on every computer.

It's all too much for that little shared USB port

sorry to disagree. The remote systems spool the pages to the print spool on the system
with the device attached. Printing then proceeds directly from that printer.
It does take a bit to initiate the session to the spooler, but once connected,
the page(s) should move briskly across the Lan. (btw: the applications must not
attempt to use the printer directly, ie: write to the device rather than spooling).
Once printing starts, it will be at the rated pages/minute.

I suggest you go to the systems which share the printer, delete the printer and then
Add Printer and select the remote device. Be sure to let the driver for that printer load.

I agree jobeard (I've stuffed up twice now!)
But still it does utilize the sharing of USB port, there must be some delay in pages transmission (only it seems)

jeffyeong said:
but the other printer also use USB port.
99% of home computers do too :)

Print Sharing a directly attached printer the most common. A small percentage of
users have a Network Attached Printer, which allows print when only one computer
is running (print sharing requires at least two).

IMO, any performance issue on printing will be print driver or application related.
It's too easy to get the wrong driver on the client side and suffer for doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back