HP Pavilion DV5000

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hp pavilion DV5000, I had the hard drive crash. I got a new hard drive same manufactuer as the original it is just larger. I can't get the computer to recognize the new hard drive that I just installed. Please Help

Go to the website of the hard drive manufacturer, and download their drive setup software. Most drive manufacturers, except Toshiba, have setup software.
Otherwise, you benefit from using a full Windows disc rather than the recovery disk that came with the HP Pavilion... though it is do-able.
OEM drives you buy without the box and setup disk just take a little more experience because it needs a low level format or a manufacturer setup.
The download from the drive manufacturer's web site also comes with instructions on what to do.
Then of course the original hard drive crash may have been some other problem to begin with.

Agreed with raybay.

Using a copy of Windows and as soon as you start up the system, it should recognize the disc in the cd drive. Then just follow the steps from there.

Shoulda, coulda, woulda... but some systems will not work in some motherboard UNLESS the hard drive has been prepared.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back