Hp printing problems with windows xp pro

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a hp deskjet 920c. Not USB. I'm running Windows xp pro with sp2. I think right around the time I downloaded sp2 I started to have problems printing.

If I print using Microsoft word it works fine. But if I try to print off mapquest or any other program it freezes.
I don't get any errors.
My Mouse works but I get the hour glass symbol so I can't click on anything.
Ctrl + Alt+ Del don’t work either.
But the lights for my Num Lock and Caps Lock both go on and off. I was told that if they do that my computer isn't frozen. So I left it alone for an hour and when I came back to the computer I still had the hourglass icon where my mouse pointer should be.

I have read about other printers freezing up and tried to change the spool setting in the printer/fax folder by going into my control panel but when I click on Printers and Faxes the folder will open but as soon as I click on anything, even the ‘X’ in the upper right corner it freezes up exactly like when I try to print.

Can someone please help me?
Thanks

Oh, i nearly forgot. I have also been to the HP website and downloaded the drivers for this printer. It had no effect.

Sorry for the double post. This is the first time i've ever posted in a forum... um, thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back