HP zv6100 laptop won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have HP zv6100 laptop with AMD Athlon64, 512mb ddr mem, winxp sp2 OS. No error beep, no cmos reading display, no LCD display, no disk activity. I already tried removing the memory, removed and attached the processor, removed the harddisk, but to no avail.
Is there any battery or reset for this? Thanks if you have more troubleshooting suggestions.

one little detail missing:

did the pc work fine until it just stopped booting one day or have you just got it and it doesn't work or was there are hardware or bios change before it stopped working?

Hi,

Yes, the laptop works fine until it bugged down one day. In fact I was able to have it work again and re-installed some drivers (not cmos update). But after it cooled down it won't boot again until now. Thanks

it could be that you have a power supply problem or a problem on the motherboard, i'm not exactly sure :(

take it into your local pc shop (preferably a small one not a big chain of superstores) and see what they say

Do you get any beeps at all?

You could try resetting the bios, but it might not work. See here on how to reset bios.

Regards Jase :)

as far as i can tell the laptop does nothing when you press the power button but i would like that confirmed.

good idea Jase, i didn't think of resetting the bios for some reason :eek:

Hi guys,
Actually the power supply is OK, the power light is lit when you boot, only that there is no bios startup appears on the screen. With regards to resetting the bios, I think that applies to a desktop PC and not in the laptop? I can't find any button cell battery nor a jumper for that. Thanks.

Aster

this laptop has a couple of typical problems.
1. Nvidia northbridge being burned. this happens due lack of cooling.
2. Geforce Go5200 faulty. this happend still due to lack of cooling.
3. broken bios image.
4. bad soldering of memory slots.

There should be a cmos battery, i have one in my Laptop.

Should look something like this:

img0712vu3.jpg

Regards Jase :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back