Huge problem, graphics messing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralFailure

Ok, so I make this account and making this post as my last resort of hope before I dump my computer into the ocean.

So we'll take this from the beginning. I was sitting in my chair, being comfortable when I had an idea to upgrade my driver to my video card.

Windows 7, 64-bit
GeForce 9800 GTX/GTX+
6 G RAM

Before I had the problem that the latest driver of the 9 series made my computer crash when I tried to start a game, and then I switched back to the old driver which has been serving me well for atleast a year called 195 (something).

But lately since I returned to the old driver, the computer has been crashin randomly and given me Bluescreens.

But now the last time I got a Bluescreen I restarted it in the middle of the memory dump. This has mande my graphics go totally berserk.
My resolution is set on the lowest and the colours are all messed up as if had the setting of windows 95.

I am wondering if anyone knows how to be able to recreate this memorydump to help me, and/or how to solve my issue with the latest 9-series GeForce driver...

Tanks and please, you are my last hope.. google is not giving me any answers.

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don’t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually.

Two of your errors are 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ ERROR This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

Two of your errors are 0xD1 and these are usually caused by faulty drivers.

One dump was unreadable.

In all four readable files the Nvidia driver nvlddmkm.sys was cited as the cause of your system crashes. If you haven't done the following before I suggest doing so now:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

Ok, I think the crashing has stopped but the graphical issue is still there. This graphical issue came after I aborted a Bluescreen as it were dumping memory.

This is what I digged up on the setting of the display:

It's stuck on 640x480 and has the colours set of Windows 95. When trying to change these I get a message that wants me to confirm the change, but once I klick accept, nothing happens. The resolution is the same and so is the coloursettings.

I checked around and it said I had no "Adapter". When I watched the general options for this Adapter it said
Device type: non-Plug and Play Drivers.
Driver: VgaSave

Any ideas?

Yes. Completely uninstall your video card both drivers and actually physically removing the card. Now reseat and reload the card. Any changes?

So, that means removing EVERYTHING that has to do with the video card, unplugging it and then plug it back in... have I got it right?

So, that means removing EVERYTHING that has to do with the video card, unplugging it and then plug it back in... have I got it right?

Yes, everything. Remove all software, uninstall the video card from the motherboard and power supply.

Then reinstall the card and reload/reinstall the software/drivers.

No! We're just dealing with the video card itself and its drivers and software; nothing else.

Ok, so I have run the driver cleaner, emptied the computer from the graphic-cards drivers. Then I uninstalled the driver to the graphic-card, so what else should I uninstall.. and in what directory should I find it at?

Just do an uninstall and then run the driver cleaner. Reseat the video card and connect the power connection. Next reinstall from the CD that came with your video card drivers. By the way, Windows will want to load its own drivers. Just cancel the Windows prompt if it shows up.

* Keep us updated.

Thank you, I will come with a follow up-post within 12 houres...

I might have left my CD's for my graphic-card at my dads who have just moved.. But I'll make it, I don't think it will be an issue.

Bild001.jpg

Bild002.jpg

These are pictures of my desktop... the background is supposed to be brown.

Now I changed the place of the graphic card but the issue is still the same. Unfortunately windows managed to update.

Two things to consider:

1. Redo the steps we talked about and in Safe Mode install the software/drivers in order to attempt to prevent Windows from doing its thing.

2. That looks like artifacting that is either caused by a heat issue or the card itself is dying. However, because Windows insisted on installing its own generic drivers we cannot state with assurance this is actually artifacting.

What I don't understand is how the Bluescreen is involved in all of this. This graphical error only came up -after- I cancelled the memorydump from the bluescreen. (Hence the unreadable minidump you recieved)

So I am a bit sceptical against the overheating-issue... but that the card itself is dying is simply bad quality if that is the case.

Do you think the error would correct itself if the computer had another bluscreen and started to dump memory? As if completing what it failed to do the first time.

I've noticed that when I start my computer I don't get the "American Trend" screen in the beginning like I used to... and after the beginning where it says: "Expressgate is not installed on your system or the installation is incomplete"

Then on the next page is black and many white apostrophes. On it says in the beginning:
Ocrgnl 88SG6Izz Afcptgr" / BKOS version 1.1.0.L70d

The reason Windows Blue Screens is because it is actually protecting the system from damage, i.e. shut-down to protect.

Expressgate: http://www.brighthub.com/computing/hardware/articles/30617.aspx The question is, is it necessary, even disirable.

* Let's also approach this from a different angle. Find the make of your harddrive, go to the manufacture's website and locate their free harddrive diagnostics utility. Run bot the short and long tests, especially the long test.

Well, it seems that Samsung has made my hard drive... unfortunately I can not get any of the programs that they reccomend to start, either my resolution is too low or they want it on a diskette and used in DOS.

And Ihave no idea what to do..

Well, since the graphics makes the whole thing barely readable.. but I first klicked a link that took me to Driver Wiz.. the programmed required you bought it. So I found a similar program that did the same thing... but apperently it didn't really work as a hard drive diagnosics thing, but rather a program that looked through the computer and found drivers that were missing.

I installed the drivers the program said I were missing, but no change.

This is one of the programs I tried to install but I had too low resolution:
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_HUTIL.html

This is the second, but it only runs in DOS mode and I couldn't get it "installed":
http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/utilities/Support_Shdiag.html

This is one I just found right now... but it's one of them you have to get into a CD or diskette:
http://www.hddoctor.net/free-hard-disk-drive-diagnostic-utility-for-samsung-hard-drive/

Go to Seagate's website. Look for their SeaTools harddrive diagnostic utility. You can do this on another system. It will be in an ISO file so when you download it to your desktop screen double-click it and whatever burning program you have it should burn to a CD disk.

Now with disk in hand place your CD in your DVD/CD drive. Upon boot-up Seagate should automatically take over. Run the S.M.A.R.T, Short Diagnostic Self Test and especially the Long Diagnostic Self Test. Yes, all three.

If the CD does not engage you will most likely have to place your DVD/CD drive as first bootable in your BIOS.

Thanks, but the CD thing weren't necessary it seemed.

I have installed it and it has allready done the quick-scan but nothing seemed to be wrong. Right now I'm doing the long scan and waiting for the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back