Hyperlinks, BB code and Hyperlink icon

LookinAround

I believe most UI's display hyperlinks with underscores. (And, in fact, the "automated" hyperlinks on this site are, in fact, underscored.) Could both the url BB code and the hyperlink icon insert the underscore as well? I think readers (and posters!) would find that helpful.

You are talking about making the default class_bbcode.php from this line:

return "<a href=\"$rightlink\" target=\"_blank\">$text</a>";

And then modifying it to have this instead:

return "<a href=\"$rightlink\" target=\"_blank\"><span style=\"text-decoration:underline\">$text</span></a>";

Well the BBCode on this forum is totally standard. (ie default) Which makes it easier when update versions are released

Certainly sites using BBCode do not automatically have underlined links as standard
Obviously you can still underline your link ie: http://www.google.com this by adding to the beginning and the same at the end, except with a preceding forward /

you can see all BBCodes available at TechSpot here: https://www.techspot.com/vb/misc.php?do=bbcode

Personally I don't like the underlines on links, but I would prefer an underline shown once my mouse moves over the link (of which it doesn't)

Here you can find a basic BBCode guide

Note:
Not all BBCodes are implemented (or "Modded") into the currently used BBCode at TechSpot ie I've been asking for
Mod for some time now

The BBcode talk goes beyond LookinAround suggestion, he just wants links to have an underline although we have gone without them on the main site and here on the forum for quite some time now and only use a blue color highlight.

Like many things, it's a matter of taste, but if you really want all links to have underlines that bad I'm sure there's at least one Firefox add-on that can permanently modify TechSpot's CSS (Cascading Style Sheet) to do that for you.

The only thing standing between you and that setting is to remove the "text-decoration: none;" property in the a:link, body_alink class right on top of our CSS.

I'm not aware of any kimsland TS Special Forces, a year ago :p

Hmm. No comment :D
Lets just say I've learned a lot since then ;)

Oh and um, oh, ... Thanks :blush:

Back