I am thinking about upgrading my CPU and switching over to Intel but...

So I am thinking about upgrading my cpu and switching over to intel but I cant really come up with any good reasons to buy a new cpu and motherboard other than my cpu is outdated and I would like to be able to record lets plays and gameplay. Are there any other pros to buying a new cpu? Like would the performance of my machine increase substantially or something?
P.S I was going to go with a:
Intel i5-3570k
ASRock Z77 Extreme3 ATX LGA1155
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][/FONT]
pc current specs:
AMD FX-6100-six core processor
16 gb 1033 mhz ram
XFX Radeon 6950
ASUS M5A97 motherboard
windows 7 ultimate

Depends on what you're doing - if you do a lot of video encoding or CPU heavy tasks then it might be a worthwhile upgrade but if not then either upgrade your GPU if your main focus is gaming or SSD if you just want a more responsive machine for general use.

Unless your current CPU is frequently running at 100% there's no real reason to spend so much on an upgrade to a 3570K especially as Intel's next gen Haswell processors are coming out in a few months.

Yeah I would definitely hold off with those specs, no real reason to upgrade that is not a bad machine. Wait for the next wave of Intel hardware and then maybe upgrade. I still get the itch to upgrade my Bloomfield i7, then I return to the present moment when the wife says no! :p

Back