I cannot connect to the Internet... still

JBEEZY

Hi guys. This is the 3rd time I have been redirected in the forums,I appreciate all the help I have gotten but nothing has worked thus far. I had previously posted in Software thread but my inquiry was moved to Virus and Removal and after dealing with Broni who hadn't been able to fix my problem he suggested that maybe I should post in here. Basically this is what happened..I ran a boot time scan with Avast and it did its thing,it moved a couple of items to the virus chest and then once it had finished and my PC had restarted my connection was fine,but when I tried to log in to Firefox I could not connect to the internet?

I have two computers,one laptop (which I am on right now) and a PC which are both using wireless. The laptop has inbuilt wireless but my PC uses a USB wireless adapter that I have since found out is okay as I was advised to disable it and try it in this laptop which was successful.
Can someone help me out please as I am clueless to what to do.

I'm pretty much stuck and no idea what happened or why. The little wireless icon in the corner says that I'm connected but it has a exclamation mark in a yellow triangle saying no internet/no network access.

I had followed previous suggestions in the other forum (ipconfigs, IPv6 disable, winsockfix etc) to no success so I'm back here at square one. Would very much appreciate if someone could help me fix this problem.

I am on Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit.

It has been over a week now and still cannot connect to the Internet. Please someone help,I'm hoping my computer isn't stuffed and no longer can connect to the Internet on it.

I got my Internet going but I'm not sure if it's a good thing or not. i saw somewhere else on the net I guy had same problem and this is what he did..

"One thing I noticed. If I went into regedit and then to hklm\system\currentcontrolset\services\dhcp. Click DHCP, then in the right pane, Dependency Services, I modified the file and removed tdx which there are three entries : AFD, TDX, NSI. Now I can start DHCP and access the internet."

I tried the same thing and now my internet is going,first pop "Google" appeared straight away. Now like i said I'm no computer whizz but is what I done safe?
Edit/Delete Message

Making changes to the registry is never a good idea unless you are certain about what you are doing. You've got your internet connection up and running so it's been a successful move for you. I'd download Malwarebytes Free and run a full system scan to set your mind at rest. Glarysoft Free Utilities is also handy for tidying things up though not everyone likes utilities.

Back