I cannot find a tutorial/ win server 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinnyirl

I want to set up a server to manage 10 computers, but I can't seem to find a tutorial that will tell me what I need to know with out bombarding me with information I really don't need to know. So I was wondering if someone from this site would be able to make a tutorial or would know where to find a tutorial in plain english.

I will list out what the server needs to do and then maybe someone could reply with what I need to do or where I need to go to get the information.

The server needs:
  1. To run Windows 2000 server (Got the CD for it and I want to keep it cheep)
  2. Manage 10 computers
  3. Make user accounts so people can log into each of the 10 computers.
  4. Use a wireless router to connect to the 10 computers although the server is connected to the router by a cable.
  5. To be able to run dedicated game servers.
  6. I don't know if this is possible but if the computers were able to use the Cd drives on the server as if they where there own it would be really usefully.

By the way the 10 computers are 5 x86 Win XP and 5 x64 Win XP both are pro versions.

For 2 and 3 you need to set up the server as a domain controller. Everything else is already included.

As for setting up something like this and managing it the future without taking the effort to learn how it works..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back