I can't remove virus and malware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I have many different problems suddenly such as windows closing all the time, pop ups, Office keeps trying to start or install on it's own, curser moves while typing and hearing ads on pop ups that I can't see.

I upgraded to AVG 8 and Adaware 2008 as I read on here. I shows some Trojan virus and JS/downloader.agent. I had the programs remove them but am still having the same problems.

I don't know that much about computers as my brother worked with them for the Air Force until his death last year. He seemed to know everything and could talk me through all of my problems. I'm hoping to avoid having to pay to have this fixed.

Thanks so much for your help!

At this point, Karbi, your best bet would probably be to reload the computer. If you are having issues with removing Virii, or malware, this really is the best method to try. It will ensure that you have a clean system.

The thing you would want to make sure of is that you have all of your drivers on disk or backed up somehow and that you can put everything back into place (data wise) after the reload is complete. Your harddrive will be wiped when you do the reload.

It sounds really bad. If you really wish to, please read the malware removal sticky and post back with your logs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back