I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, i need help !

Dont know whether this is the right place to be or not.

Recently i've got an error saying: "virtual scsi driver not detected" from the program: Daemontools
It pops up on startup and then i get the Blue Screen Of Death with this particular errormessage:

***STOP 0x0000008E (0xC0000005,0xB724FB75,0xB600D7F0,0X00000000)

My laptop then reboots over and over again until i manage to get it into safe mode.
I thought it was a problem with a virtual drive, so i uninstalled the program. (daemontools)
It did'nt help a bit, only now the SCSI/RAID host controller drive in device manager has vanished.
(I don't have the error protocol for the SCSI/RAID, before i uninstalled it had a yellow exclamation)

I still get the BSOD.

I've searched the internet for solutions and i must admit, that i dont know anything about computers.
That is why i do not dare to try to update BIOS.
I've done a ram check but it showed no errors(i had four tests running)
everything else i'd tried has had no effect.
I've tried to do system restorage, but i can't get past the "validate restorage date". I press Next, but nothing happens.
I've tried repairing my OS, but it seems, that for some reason it is not possible. Can an early Xp-cd be non-combatible with my current OS?

In other topics, people have posted their system specifications, but i can't find my own.
This is what i could find though...
Some of my system specs?:

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3 build 2600
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~1994 Mhz
BIOS-version/dato COMPAL 105B, 29-06-2006
SMBIOS-version 2.4

Minidump files attached.

Thanks in advance !

Hi Kimsland !

Very glad for the quick response, i began immediately after i'd read your message.

Maybe i've done something wrong with the minidumps, because the mentioned sysmgr.exe (W32.Spybot.Worm) did not turn up? The fixdavs program could not find anything.

Halfway through the malware scan, i was getting very impatient. ( avira scan took 3 hours, malware scan stopped working after 1 and a half). I'd found numerous errors and moved 14 files to quarantine. That was when i followed a link to an other 0x0000008E thread: I cant post links lol :D well post was made by "belvis" :)

This guy had problems with daemon tools as well and he deleted the file: sptd.sys

I did not hesitate a bit and deleted it, rebooted and well everything was fine.. for 30 seconds.. BSOD ALMIGHTY !! -.- so i turned my com off, went to the living room, turned on the tv, saw a happy ever after - last chapter of "Summer" and then got back to my com.

I turned it on and now it has been going on with the malware scan for 40 min. No problems yet. Everything goes a lot faster, when not in safe mode. Avira found another 50 suspicious files. Unfortunately i can't get another log for those.. dont know why? they are being detected instantly, no scan is running.

So i'll take it from here and proceed with the last malware removal instructions and hopefully i will be fine. THANKS TO YOU !

I hope you know how much i want to praise your forum, you really made my day!
I will spread the word and maybe you can make the lifes of other people better too :p ^^ <3

The kindest regards Borup :)

Well the "sysmgr.exe" was definitely in the Minidump, but you may be a little more unhappy, reading the following :(

-> No action taken on MBAM scan, for found issues
Download and Run Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Please download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware to your desktop.
  • Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.
  • At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to:
    • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
    • Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Then click Finish.
  • If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.
  • Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.
  • When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.
  • Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. <========= Not Done

Please re-run Malwarebytes
Confirm updated (third tab)
Then do the above quoted message, but this time "Remove all found issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back