I do not know what this is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
every time i start my computer this error message pops up.

"cannot copy host_new: Access is denied.

make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use."

i have no idea what this is and i think it might have something to do with my task manager not showing up.
i installed an anti virus software on my computer, ran a scan and it found alot of adware but the one thing that was infecting my computer was a program called rogue pcdefender. so i quarantined the file and it seems to have deleted of my computer. but task manager still won't show up, and that message pops up all the time on my computer. if anyone has a similar problem or knows how to fix it please help.

In the last 2 days I've removed the same exact piece of spyware from two different computers from people in 2 different states, so they did a phenominal job of spreading this crap. The name is "My Security Wall" and can be found in the "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\cb4be8d\" folder. Not sure if the last 7 characters change from computer to computer, but the other computer seemed very similar. The folder is hidden, so go into your folder settings and uncheck "hide protected system files" and select "show hidden files".

My quick removal steps:

go to Start, and under Run type:
regedit
Using the left window, navigate to:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
On the right window, select the entry labeled "My Security Wall". Note the full folder entry on the right hand side minus the end executable file. Thats the folder the spyware is located. Erase the entire entry from the right window. This will prevent the crap from loading with your computer. At this point, reboot normally. After rebooting, using windows explorer and navigate to that folder and erase the entire folder. After erasing that folder, erase any shortcuts it left around like the one on your desktop and start menu.

Should be it, its not one of the worst pieces of spyware i've had to deal with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back