I found my problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reze-daniel

I posted here recently about my overheating GPU, so i finally took the computer to the shop and the dude there told me that my case is rly tiny sized (micro) and that there is no way to add any fans.

He said that the 2 Cd/Dvd drives and the 2 Harddrives are rly close together and that they are generating massive heat. The guy there offered me a Midi case (dunno what company) which is taller than what i have and the harddrives will be placed on the bottom and there will be alot more room for airflow.

What i want to ask here is what kind of case would u recommend me? Not something insane, something that could keep my card in the 60's - 70's under load. My GPU is a Gigabyte 8600GT which relies on passive cooling and my motherboard is an ASUS P5VD2-MX with only 4 expansion slots so i think it might be considered a mini motherboard. And the PSU is 500WATT and the new one will also be a generic 500WATT PSU. Thanks

If you are worried about heat but also want to have lots of drives and fans and stuff get yourself a good full ATX tower.

I built a comp last week with this case, I was pretty impressed, and it will allow good airflow. You could even fix a 80mm to the side where there are vent holes to blow directly onto your GPU.

I was wondering if moving the motherboard to another case is a dangerous procedure. The motherboard could get damaged if its screwed too tightly or if its not screwed tightly enough it could fall...
(the guy at the shop will be doin it).

Simple procedure, anesthesia NOT required. Simple power down and disconnect is adequate.

:)

No, switching cases is not difficult or very dangerous. Make sure you put the motherboard offset spacers in (usually brass) before you screw in the motherboard. Then just screw in the motherboard like normal, as long as you aren't really trying you won't screw it in too tight, screw in to the point you know it won't come out - you should be able to easily tell when it is in securely.

SNGX1275 said:
I built a comp last week with this case, I was pretty impressed, and it will allow good airflow. You could even fix a 80mm to the side where there are vent holes to blow directly onto your GPU.

I built 2 systems using this case last month. I was very impressed with it too. The price was fantastic for the quality of the case. I would have expected a much poorer construction for the low cost

One thing I like about this case, although I've never used it, is it doesn't come with a power supply. That means you don't waste any money toward a cheap power supply you'll have to replace anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back