I get frames under 23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new so if i do something wrong please tell me.

My system is a Sempron 2200+ on Via Kt 600 board;256 DDr and an ATI Radeon9550 256Mb (400\400); Maxtor 80Gb 7200Rpm.(Os: WindowsXPsp2)
My problem is I get frames under 23 even in older games.I know my computer is not up to date but I'm running short on my budget.
Games I tried to play: HL2(low quality/fps 10-21); Surprisingly MohPA on high quality ran at an avarage frame of 22.
What can I do?I tried setting the Agp apparture size to 128 but that didn't work either.
Is it possible for me to play these or similar games on playable frames or i'll have to change my system.

You need at least 512mb of RAM. But the biggest problem is your processor. Have you tried to overclock it? Most newer games are very CPU dependant. If you can afford it an XP 2500 would make a huge difference and most will run at 400mhz bus turning it into an XP 3200. You can get one on Ebay for about $50. Newegg.com has 256mb PC333 RAM for $19 and 512 for $39.
Also make sure you have the latest video card and motherboard drivers installed.

Thanks for the reply.
I'll have to sell my hole system and buy another one but what bugs me a lot is that my friend has the same system and he gets playable frames in all these games and i can't understand why
Maybe he has less procceses runing?And my Commit charge is always above 200Mb, and believe me i don't have too many programs installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back