I Need Help Installing Autocad2000 In Windows Xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
HI EVERYONE,
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND I REALLY NEED SOME HELP. I AM A STUDENT WHO IS CURRENTLY TAKING A AUTOCAD CLASS, I HAVE FALLEN BEHIND IN THE CLASS BECAUSE I HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF COMPUTERS MUCH LESS AUTOCAD BUT THATS WHAT I AM THRERE TO DO LEARN HOW TO SO I AM SEEKING SOMEONE'S HELP. I HAVE AUTCAD2000 DOWNLOADED, I ALSO FOUND OUT THAT IT OFTEN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH WINDOWS XP WHICH MY COMPUTERS RUNS ON. I DID THE COMPATABILITY THINK WITH THE AUTOCAD SETTING IT WITH ANOTHER VERSION OF WINDOWS. IT STARTED TO WORK FOR A MINUTE BUT WHEN IT REACHED ABOUT(13% INTO IT EXE) IT STOPED AND GAVE ME AN (ERROR MESSEAGE)>(5 file mydownload/autocad/autocad DATA/asupport.z) and aborted the whole process.I HAVE NOT BEEN ABLE TO GO FROM THERE. PLEASE HELP. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME A STEP BY STEP METHOD HAS TO HOW TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM. THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP.

Have you tried redownloading the programme? It may be that the programme you have now is corrupt in some way.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

I have tried downloading it before but i still have the same problem! I have even run the compatabilty test and (SETUP AND EXE) starts to run but when it reaches about (13%) along the way it aborts it self. It then gives me a error message which is the following ERROR 5 FILE>(mydownload/AutoCAD/AotoCADDATA/asupport.z) . I have read somewhere about something called a (patch) what is it, and what does it do? Do you think it will help me any?

@hopkinso or anyone else who can help me please THANK ALOT :confused:

I am sorry about the cap.

I am sorry about the cap. I didn't know that it was a problem. I am not a pro. on the computor yet so please bear with . I have looked through the search option on the forum, but it still lead me to the same problem. i have tried the compatibilty thing and still get a error message. Is there something esle that someome has figured out that can help me solve my problem.Details: my pc is a H.P pavilion with Windows XP. I have a DSL connection. It has a (512mb DDR SDRAM memory) and (80GB hard drive). I have been trying to install ( AutoCAD2000 in Windows XP on my pc ) with no luck so far. PLEASE HELP SOMEONE. I need this for school!!!!!!

pretty sure...

I am pretty sure you need to find out how to install the program in 98 compatible mode. I did it a while ago, but forgot how to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back