I need some thoughts on building a PC

Tatoze

So what I need to know is if these pieces would match perfectly together with no problems at all...:

CM Storm Sniper(mesh)
990FX sabertooth
HD 6970 2GB
16 GB
8-core 8150
H100 corsair cooling
Ozc 120GB SSD
Barracuda 2TB

Please hmu if u know about these piecs, and also what would you upgrade if is needed?
Thanks,

Tato

What is your budget? What is the purpose of this machine? We will be able to better help you out once those are answered.

Yo, I want it to play some games with high quality, edit some HD videos and also for normal use, youtube, 3D movies, etc.

I'd definitely go Intel, the i5 3570K is only slightly more than the FX 8150 you're planning. Obviously you'd have to change the mobo to a 1155 one.

The 7870 might be a better choice than the 6970, the 6970 is old tech and prices are pretty inflated.

Avoid OCZ SSDs, they've had a history of firmware bugs and while they might be ironed out now, they still don't have a great reputation for customer service. Get the Crucial m4 or Samsung 830 instead, they have come down in price a lot recently.

What is your budget? What is the purpose of this machine? We will be able to better help you out once those are answered.

What this person said.

Otherwise it's impossible to offer any really accurate advice. That said, Slh28 raises good points worth considering.

The thing is I already bought these items and also I put them together and the memory ram light turns on then the cpu light turns on and then the boot_device turns on and stays on!!! I dont know what to do, please help me!!!

Ive tried reset the CMOs, and I took battery out and after this nothing happens still lighting up those lights and doesnt display anything on my tv (vga cable) anybody?

Disconnect all non-essentials, such as sound cards, wireless cards, CD/DVD/BD drives, HDD drives, and even the SSD drive.

The only components you want in the system when checking PC that will not even post are CPU, RAM, and GPU(if you don't have on-board graphics). Pull all memory modules out except for one module. If it still doesn't boot try another module one at a time. If at any time the PC displays an error stating a boot device could not be found, start adding each component one at a time until you find which one is causing the issue.

Make sure all connections are secure and everything is plugged in. Check out your hard drive. Since "boot_device" is the component being flagged. I would start there and then work my way down the rest of the components. Also, make sure your 24pin power connector in plugged in as well as the 4-8pin CPU power connector is plugged in.

The OP should have asked his real question right from the start. Moving...

Back