I really need some help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i have a Dell Optiplex GX520 Desktop and my problem is this.....

about 3 days ago my computer made this really loud beep sound and shut off. I turned it back on and when the windows screen came on and was loading my settings the little windows jingle it plays had a skip in it, (it still dose). It took forever to load anything and when i got online i wasn't on for more then 10 mins and it completely froze...i mean the mouse is the only thing that works. I cant get anything else to work and i ended up having to push the power button on it to shut it off. This same thing happens every time. Just befor it freezes the fan get's really loud then quiet and then it's over.

I've done my virus scan and cleaned my files and everything i could on McAfee and it says there are no known problems. I even uninstalled a few of my big programs...

What can i do????

Please help.

-Storme

Please try to make your subject more descriptive in the future.

Things to try:
Start up in safe mode with networking, see if you can reproduce the problem.
Start -> Run -> msconfig Then go to the startup tab and uncheck things, ideally you'd have an idea what you are unchecking to prevent this from being quite so tedious, and then re-enable things (rebooting every time) until the problem comes back, then remember what you just enabled - that is your problem.
Run Memtest
Run Seatools
Get Speedfan and note if it only occurs at a certain high temp
Check Event Viewer for app crashes or other warnings around the time your computer becomes unresponsive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back