I use Vista (32bit) and IE7 and it wont let me download Firefox

• Thread starter Deleted member 185916
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 185916

I use Vista and Internet Explorer 7 and it wont let me download Mozilla Firefox i tryed about 5times...
I click on "run" it gets to 100% then says the publisher is unknown so i click "run" and it just quits the download never gets to the install or nothing :(
what do i do?

This might sound silly, but what does it do when you *save* it rather than make it run automatically? Then double click on the saved file to run it (not using IE to open it). Does it still do nothing?

i tryed that lol

i tried that and still got nothing...

This might sound silly, but what does it do when you *save* it rather than make it run automatically? Then double click on the saved file to run it (not using IE to open it). Does it still do nothing?
it wont even let me install it i just save it and it completes and just disapears no icon or anything in my computer about it

I haven't seen that issue with Firefox (yet), but two reasonable guess are you have issues with your installer (Installer is hung up? Try restarting and reinstalling; Problems related to the temp install directory? Try www.ccleaner.com; Problems with the installation file itself? Try re-downloading and reinstalling it) or there is something supressing the installation (Viruses/spyware? Try AVG & Spybot & combofix if those don't work; Misbehaving or security software? Maybe you have an app that is silently supressing your installation, a bizarre bug caused by a combination of settings and apps or some registry settings that interfere with the install?)

It might worth trying to install it in safe mode, just to see what happens if nothing else works. But that would indicate there are underlying issues that should be fixed, even if it does work.

Can I just say what an excellent looking name
I want to go back in time, and use characters like these

still wont let me download :(

wont even let me download the cleaner or the installer cleaner... :(

im not really ~computer supersmart~ please explain more rick

i disabled my firewall for bout 10mins and it still didnt work...

This should fix it

How to use Reset Internet Explorer Settings (RIES

To use RIES in Internet Explorer 7, follow these steps:

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.

Note for users who cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

kimsland, good response and I agree that should work. If it does not, I think u have a large problem, and would recommend a format and reinstall of windows, that should fix any problem u are having. although I would recommend having all drivers and programs to install on another partition to install once done.

still wont let me download/wont even let me download the cleaner or the installer cleaner.
Then it appears it's the download process itself and not Firefox. Have you downloaded and installed "anything"- including updates since this problem began?

it wont even let me install updates :l
wont let me install any aplications or any pics or anything..
i can install programs of a cd though...

Try this:

1. Click Start

2. Click Run

3. Enter the following command msiexec /regserver and then click OK.

Test again

Didnt Work any more ideas? can i change it to run unsigned downloads somehow so it'll run my unsigned downloads??

i reset everything too still dont work

Yes I know, after I posted :eek:

I just left it there anyway (very sad I know)
But I don't know where this exists in Vista (presently)

dangit soooooooooo what now?
is there any where u can find it? google?

everytime the download disapears it makes a *ding**ding* as if somethings blocking it :(
its really annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back