I want to buy a new video card (I have now a 430 GT)

MaXXvEQQ

[LEFT][RIGHT][FONT=arial]I3-540, 3066MHZ[/FONT][/RIGHT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]ASUS - [RIGHT][FONT=Arial]P7H55[/FONT][/RIGHT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]430GT[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT][FONT=Arial] HUNTKEY H-102[/FONT][/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]450W CHIEFTEC[/LEFT]

What do you want the new graphics adapter for?
If the card is for gaming, which games and what resolution do you intend on using?

Do you have a particular budget in mind for the card?

1. for gaming

2. My screen IS FULL HD- 3D 27'

3. HD 7850 - 7950 - 7970 \\\\\ GTX 570- 560- 580

4. 600-700 $

Unfortunately you just went outside my range of knowledge. Hang tight and others will jump in to answer your question.

I do have a pretty good idea the 450W power supply will probably not be enough for those cards listed.

well for any of those cards I would suggest a 550-650 watt PSU, I prefer OCZ and thermaltake, but just checkout the reviews on different models at newegg and tigerdirect. Can you give me your CPU model? I can tell if your gonna bottleneck any of those cards then.

I would say 7850/6970 or a 6850, on the nvdia side a gtx 560ti would be a great budget/power balance with the max nvidia card I would suggest being a gtx 570, your dual core will prob bottleneck those cards on some games that are very multi-thread oriented, luckily you have hyperthreading too help. don't forget u will need a new PSU for any of the above cards.

help???!!!!!

what to do???

Did you not read the post above?
A 7850 or GTX 570 are good suggestions, anything higher and your CPU might start to bottleneck the system.

Since you have $600-700 to spend, I'd put $100 towards a decent PSU (avoid OCZ though unless it's the ZX series), e.g. the Corsair TX650v2 or a Seasonic X650 if you want a quality modular PSU. You should then save up a bit more and think about upgrading that CPU to a quad core Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge.

Did you not read the post above?
A 7850 or GTX 570 are good suggestions, anything higher and your CPU might start to bottleneck the system.

Since you have $600-700 to spend, I'd put $100 towards a decent PSU (avoid OCZ though unless it's the ZX series), e.g. the Corsair TX650v2 or a Seasonic X650 if you want a quality modular PSU. You should then save up a bit more and think about upgrading that CPU to a quad core Sandy Bridge/Ivy Bridge.

Is there a reason to avoid OCZ PSU's? I bought one several years ago and never had any problems so far.

Is there a reason to avoid OCZ PSU's? I bought one several years ago and never had any problems so far.
The ModXStream failed [H]'s review, their lower end PSUs have been shown to use poor quality components. Plus OCZ as a company are renowned for poor customer service, questionable business practices and buggy SSD firmware.

For PSUs you very much get what you pay for, the slight extra for a Seasonic based unit with a 5+ year warranty is well worth it.

I'll add that most Enermax, Corsair (VX, HX, AX), Seasonic, Antec HCG (especially the HCG-620) are also worth considering. I wouldn't use OCZ PSU's if you plan to overclock. 550-650w is more than enough for your system.

I use a Antec High Current Gamer (HCG) 620W PSU myself. Really the only downside to this PSU is the fact its non-modular, so you'll have a lot of leads to hide away in smaller cases. Otherwise it gets very good reviews and is well recommended.

The Antec HCG-620 is made by Seasonic and based on its Seasonic M12II-620 PSU, save for a few differences due to being OEM built for Antec.

[RIGHT] [/RIGHT]
[LEFT][FONT=arial]I3-540, 3066MHZ[/FONT][/LEFT]
I was thinking if your going to try to put a gr8 gfx card you should first try putting atleast an i5 2500k 200$ which wont bottleneck the gfx card

best thing since you have a decent budget to spend will get u on the top of the game charts Just put a decent quad core cpu and maybe if your a fan of overclock start doing it to and then just put in a gfx card which these days a buncha 250$ gfx cards will get u far

Back