I want to water cool!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintballproam

ok i have a gateway 825gm with a p4 3.46ghz
this is the mobo. Intel (South Lake) P4 550 800 MHz Motherboard R0
it says its a lga 775 mount but an lga 775 heatsink doesnt fit.
it is running at 49 to 52*c idle. with a 84cfm fan on the cpu and a 90cfm at the front and rear

you have a gateway, don't waste your time. you can't overclock and it runs at fine temps as is. need i remind you of the warranty?

yeah i was gonna say, it doesnt change just because of the components. the problem with OEMs is if you even come near it with a screwdriver and its under warranty, the oem company usualy has a hissyfit when you call for technical support or whatnot. whatever heatsink you bought doesnt fit due to its OEMness.

I went through similar things when i wanted to upgrade my Gateway. Needless to say, i've upgraded it about 7 times and its now the only Gateway thing left in it is the harddrive :p New case, new mobo, new cpu, new vc, etc :p. Oh, and i re-used one of the gateway serial cables. So yea, woot for OEM comps

zephead said:
yeah, and you;d better learn hindi before you try calling said tech support rep.

If you're calling Gateway, English will do just fine. Their tech support reps are actually based in the U.S. and available 24/7/365, and not half way around the world. With some other computer manufacturers such as Toshiba, however, they're based mostly internationally.

Well!?

It seems not to matter international location of tech support..
Bad english works, if they (Tech Supp) have even rudimentary knowledge
of they're own products, "as long as they spit the marbles out first!" :eek:

If you bought an extended support package, they deduct each min.
on 1st human voice.
after 15 min wait on hold. 20 min verify you are who you say you are.
Then 15 min of verify the unit exists and waranty is good,
you'll hear somthing like this:
Why does yews calls us?
Clicks da darts menu
and go dare to icons
typing in fdisk reformat.... :haha:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back