IBM Thinkpad A20m Audio Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Audio Music or System sounds. I think I have tried everything including update to XP. Everything appears to be working in device manager.

I'v been working on this for a week. I'v been on the ibm site and downloaded every driver they have with no success. When I'm in device manager in win xp
it shows the crystal driver are working . When i go to the sounds I can not hear any. but when i press the thinkpad speaker button i hear a beep. I also updated the win xp supplemental drivers . Any help would be apreciated.

First, downloading and installing every thing you see is pointless.

Second, IIRC the IBM drivers you download only extract their contents to your hard drive, they do not install. You have to run the installer from the extracted location or use a utility like Software Installer or Software Updater.

Did you try the ThinkPad volume control buttons? Do you have the software installed for these?

Thanks for your input.
My thinkpad volume control buttons show on the screen when i press them. The cansel , increase , and decrease respond properly. After downloading the drivers on the IBM site I also installed them.
The crystal autio uses IRQ (9) and it will not allow me to change it. My Video is also (9) and will not let me change it. Is it normal to use irq 9 ?

You can set the IRQs for PCI devices in the BIOS setup. No idea if these settings apply to the integrated video and audio..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back