IE/Firefox only work in surges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

Everything that uses the internet works PERFECTLY and lightning fast EXCEPT IE/Firefox... When I open them and try to go to a webpage, it will sit there saying webpage found for several minutes when all of a sudden the entire page will come up? Then for a window of like 30 seconds I can surf webpages lightning fast until the problem occurs again.

Downloads are lightning fast, AIM works great, the webpages themselves come up instantly but only after sitting there for like 5 minutes?

I tried resetting winsock, I ran symantec antivirus and came back clean, I used CCleaner, X-Cleaner, Ad-Aware, all finding no problems and running smoothly.

Any suggestions? I'm sick of my roommate speeding around online while I have to wait forever for pages to load when it seems like they shouldn't be taking that long.

I'm running on Dual 2.4 GHz, 4.00 GB RAM, 32-Bit Windows Vista SP1.

Thanks for your help in advance!

Internet Explorer 6.1, 7, or 8?
Firefox 2.0 or 3.0
I would delete Firefox, but not the folders, then work with Internet Explorer until it works right. If not 7.0, upgrade to 7.0 or 8.0 beta.
Then when you finally have Internet Explorer working the way you like it, do all the virus and spyware cleaning, defrag, and the add and remove of other files, then reinstall Firefox.

Internet Explorer 6.1, 7, or 8?
Firefox 2.0 or 3.0
I would delete Firefox, but not the folders, then work with Internet Explorer until it works right. If not 7.0, upgrade to 7.0 or 8.0 beta.

I have Internet Explorer 8 and Firefox 3.0

I'll try the removing of the Firefox, do what you said and get back to you guys!

Thanks guys!

I did everything that was suggested and the problem went away.

I think I'll just stick to Internet Explorer to make sure this doesnt happen again. I only switched to Fire Fox in the first place because IE kept freezing when a javascript popup box was opened (which is quite annoying when its necessary for doing my homework). But I'll give IE another chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back