IE will not retain temporary file movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first post, thus I am learning here. I am trying to get a small group of windows 2000 machines to keep their temporary internet files on a network server. All machines are Win2k with sp4 and IE6. I was able to use the options dialog in IE to relocate the temporary internet file (TIF) directory on all but one machine. This one exception relocates or copys all the files and when you ask the temporary files settings dialog to show you these files it takes you to the network store. Yet this same dialog reports them stored on the C: drive and all new files are stored on the C: drive.

I have totally rebuilt this box only to have the same result. I have used sp2 and sp4 only to have the same result. I have used IE 5.01, IE 5.5, IE 6.0 all with the same result. I have search the registry for "Temporary" and found multiple cases where the local, not the network path, was listed as the TIF store. I changed them all, with no result.

Note: I have used Netscape 7.1 on this machine and have not
had a single problem. I have googled this to death and I cannot
find any one with this problem.

I need this to work.
Thank you and God Bless.
Mike Powell <><

Sounds weird; there is another option to try out.
Download the MS Powertoys for W2K and install them.
Call them up (it is TweakUI actually) from the Start,Settings,Control Panel.
Somewhere in there you can change them as well.
I am on someone else's PC now, which doesnt have it so I can tell you exactly how.
You may have more luck there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back