Im at it again!need mobo help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

eightwpm

I find myself asking the people of techspot to help with probleMO..
NEW SYSTEM : biostar /geforce 6100 m-9 socket 939/ht 2g
amd 64 athlon 3200+ (venice) processor
seagate 120gb hdd barracuda
old ricoh cd-rom
300 wt antec pwr supply
floppy disk (generic)whatever that means,lol
at the present time:256mg ram 2700/333 1 stick.
my problem:boots up to sys. config screen press F1 to continue
preloaded xp cd to install on new hd.(single drive) master .(it is recognized at startup,along with cd-rom) after F1 to continue is pressed message;"disk boot failure". im not sure if there is enough ram? do I need a boot disk ? everything new exept cd-rom & floppy,what am I missing? Please advise,this was supposed to be my kids new pc. Boy am I late.. thanks again eightwpm.

The disk has a partition on it that is flagged bootable but with no valid data on the boot sector.

This probably means you simply need to change the boot order/boot sequence in your BIOS to move the cd-rom drive above floppy + hard disk in order to get the install cd to boot.

ok sharkfood,heres the deal.first tried starting with a hd out of my kids (now)hp pc.didnt boot.got caliing ms,to allow get a code,to install on new mobo.denied.so then bought new seagate hdd,this is where im at.last try clear cmos ,got message"checksum error,insert system disk,prees enter." inserted disk,both floppy & cd-rom,..nada,over & over.please advise thank you eightwpm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back