I'm not sure if this is something serious

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipopo

hi,
while running spybot i keep getting a message throughout the scan that says:
There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search_Destroy\Includes\TrojansC.sbi
See 'Include errors.log' for details.
the scan is paused until i click ok and through the whole scan this happes around five times. the only diference between these messages is the name of the file - it changes.
i have run the scan more than five times and this keeps happening.
furthermore, in every scan i have run, and although i fixed the problems that were found, spybot keeps finding one problem over and over again. Microsoft.WindowsSecurity.Center.TaskManager

does anyone of the above mean that i have a virus in the system?
should i go through the 8 steps before proceeding?

Yes, absolutely go through the 8 Steps. Do not skip any of the steps and when you get done make sure you post again with all three required logs.. Spybot S&D is limited on what it can do.

What security software are you running? Are you behind a router?

hey there! thanks for replying. i'll get started on the 8 steps asap. the only security software i have is spybot, adaware (not running all the time) and super antispyware.
i am connected through a wireless router (D-Link).

SAS is a great product but you also need to get an antivirus and firewall A.S.A.P. You are wide open for all kinds of infections. Spybot and Adaware aren't enough and the latter has been dropped by many people because it is outdated in many ways.

Avast 4.8 home edition and Avira Antivir are free editions that have very good reputations. Online Armor has a free version of their firewall that is very good. Comodo is another good freee firewall. XP's firewall is very poor.

i've gone through the steps

and on the way installed Avast.
for some reason all the buttons in the message box don't respond as i click on them, therefore i can't attach the logs. do you know why that is?

Do you see the paper clip above the message? Click on that to attach the logs.

Are you saying that even the Manage Attachment button is not clicking? If it opens another Window will show with a Browse... button and you can attach from wherever you have your logs stored.

Question: You've installed Avast. Can you scan with it?

Try clicking on the box below the message box that says "Go Advanced." See where that gets you.

Obviously something is clickable or you wouldn't able to post the message,

ok here we go

thanks again. the buttons in the main post box (where I'm writing now) are still not responding. the curson doesn't chang when I hover over them and neither do they. but the manage attachments button did open a window and I am attaching my logs right now.
there are two mbam logs because I had one scan done the night before I did all the steps in their correct order so I attached it too.

Attachments

• mbam-log-2009-10-03 (23-38-58).txt
    844 bytes · Views: 5
  • mbam-log-2009-10-03 (00-39-38).txt
    4.3 KB · Views: 5
  • hijackthis.log
    9.3 KB · Views: 6
java was installed as one of the eight steps. how can i check about flash and shockwave?
byw, in the quick reply message box, when i hover with the cursor on the buttons they do respond (get highlighted and it tells me what the button does) but still when i click them nothing happens.
on the full reply message box even that doesn't happen. strange.

Just do a Google search for Adobe Flash and you will find the site. It will tell you if Flash is installed or not, and Shockwave should have a link on the Flash webpage

spybot keeps finding one problem over and over again. Microsoft.WindowsSecurity.Center.TaskManager

This will show if you don't have everything enabled in the Security Center- or if you don't have the Security center itself enabled. My scan displays this because I have the Security Center turned off. If this is something you have done intentionally, the display is okay. If not, it will be a gentle reminder for you to check it out.

The Spybot Forum is always a good place to visit when you get something you don't understand. I think you will find this useful: Please read the information here:
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?p=94910

Then follow Post #2.
Download the following update using the integrated update facility:
* TCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06

Hopefully someone will come along and help with the log entries. In the meantime, don't use System Restore.

i disable it

hi bobbye,
i did disable the microsoft security center so i guess that's one thing less to worry about. now, concerning the spybot update, i didn't quite understand how to do it.

How about the logs, do they show some cardinal problems?

Chip, I'm sorry but I can't help with the logs at this time.

But it would be to your advantage to read the Spybot reference I left for you.

We don't have any trained malware helpers working on TS now- it's temporary. Some members have been able to assist to some degree. Handling the problems you can will make things work better for you.

I'll try to locate someone through a PM.

I appreciate that. It's kind of like looking at an ice cream cone with my hands tied behind my back! I did send the PM. Hopefully there will be some result.

Hi chipopo,

I used to do alot of malware cleaning here in the past. I havent done that in a very long time, so I wont guarantee that I can fix your system, but I'll try my best. Also, I'm not the most free (or active, for that matter) member around here, so do bear with me with patience for replies. Should you have urgent matters you may PM me. So here goes...

I spotted these in your logs:

C:\Documents and Settings\àéìï\Application Data\MSA\ - definitely bad

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [dmusrd8] rundll32.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\àéìï\Local Settings\Application Data\dmusrd8\dmusrd8.dll", DllInit <- this one looks tricky and I cant be sure. but i suspect its bad.

first off, since the last time you posted logs was 4 days ago, I suggest running through some key steps in the 8-step guide again. Namely those that give you logs: mbam, hijackthis.

post your new logs here.

At the same time, please locate in your system for these 2 folders:
C:\Documents and Settings\àéìï\Application Data\MSA\
C:\Documents and Settings\àéìï\Local Settings\Application Data\dmusrd8\

let me know if the folders are there and their entire contents. Also let me know if you have any knowledge of their usage (ie, did you create those folders, be it manually or through installation of any programs; which programs etc)

With that knowledge and some fresh logs, from there on i'll see what we can do.

updated logs

hello momok,
thanks for joining in. i'm running the scans now and intend to attach the logs when i finish. meanwhile i'm attaching a printscreen of those folders you asked about. i have no idea who created them and for what purpose (but you should know that i recieved this pc when it was already used by someone else).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back