I'm now a Techspot Guru?

wolfram

Hi guys,

I just logged in today, and saw that I'm now a TS Guru, and some guys are TS Maniacs.

When did this happen? :confused:

Are they just new rankings?

Regards :wave:

I added the new titles last night... and was expecting someone to post something about it by now :)

With an increasing number of members that have over a thousand posts, I thought it would be a good idea to add new titles that reflect this status:

TechSpot Maniac 1400
TechSpot Guru 2000
TechSpot Evangelist 3000

Ah, that's nice Julio :D

I'm working on 3000 now, but I still need to post QUITE a lot :)

Techspot is getting better and better everyday. I just hope that TS in Spanish gets as good as this site.

Regards :wave:

Hey Julio

I am not complaining but I do have 1500 posts and a still have a paladin. I dont know if that is a bug in the system or what.

I am fine with paladin I am just pointing it out.

Sean

I think Paladin is a higher rating than Guru. You were especially selected for the Paladin title.

Awh COME ON!!!! I just got Addict, and I thought I was finally at the top of the list of normal titles... Then Julio goes and adds 3 more -_- ;)

Oh well :) "Techspot Maniac" sounds better than "Techspot Addict" :D... although I don't like the sound of "Techspot Guru." Maybe I can just grind posts until I get "Techspot Evangelist."

One more thing... we should have a special title just for howard :)

It was either Guru or Mentor... but then I thought going from Maniac to Mentor did not make as much sense ;)

It`s really nice to see some changes to our ranking system and probably was overdue give the amount of members we have with over a 1,000 posts. Nice one Julio. ;)

I agree with kitty500cat. The Techspot FAQ needs updating to reflect the new rankings.

AtK SpAdE said:
I am not complaining but I do have 1500 posts and a still have a paladin. I dont know if that is a bug in the system or what.

As has already been pointed out by wolfram, the Paladin, Chancellor and Ambassador titles are awarded and are not based on post count. Therefore, they are more prestigious titles.

Regards Howard :)

We need a title that you get at 30,000 posts so that howard has something to work towards ;)

And one more thing... if it's not out of order to do so, I was wondering how you get the Paladin, Chancellor, and Ambassador titles. I mean, you say they are awarded, but for what?

Just curious here ;)

Since Howard's a super moderator, though, his title will probably always be "TS Special Forces." unless, of course, mod titles change too.

Julio said:
It was either Guru or Mentor... but then I thought going from Maniac to Mentor did not make as much sense ;)

I think that mentor is typically what someone of a higher post count is (excluding me...I just ask questions ;) ). I posted today, and saw my rank (I haven't been around for a few days), and saw my rank, and I didn't know what it was :unch:....so I went here :D

jobeard said:
come on guys/gals! Face it -- all geeks are ADDICTS :)
That's true. The other day in my science class at school I was taking some notes, but at the same time I was listening to someone else say something. So I absentmindedly wrote software instead of sulfur. It made me wonder whether I was getting addicted...:)

kitty500cat said:
So I absentmindedly wrote software instead of sulfur. It made me wonder whether I was getting addicted...:)

Welcome to the world of computer addicts kitty :unch: ! I can't have a conversation without talking about a video card, or an operating system...it's integrated into my brain :D ! I can't stand it when people tell me that Mac's are better than PC's though....then the real computer competition is on :haha: ! Someone told me they know more about computers than me, and I asked him how much L2 Cache his CPU has....I still can't stop laughing at his expression :unch: !

Back