I'm so novice & win32:vbstat-c(trj) is on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep getting the same message that from AVASt that a trojan is detected. It changes names each time, but it is basically the same.

I found a win32:vbstat-c(trj) and many

c\docume~1\melissa\locals~1\temp\turwcjal.dll
\flpbqwr.dll
\xxyvvsr.dll

today. While the tech guy was working on my PC for over 2 hours, I tried to write down some items that he was deleting. Some were surfsidekick, clickspring and doubleclick. It all was so fast and I am so novice.

I will say that I am ready to throw in the towel and reformat. Any suggestions. I do all my banking on this PC. I don't even know exactly how I should save all my data. I know, pathetic.

Another thing that is happening is that my desktop icons have changed. Some are greyed out, some have changed names and others have appeared and others stopped working.

Any suggestions? If I were your mom or family member, would you suggest a system restore? I'm tired. I'm a single mom with 5 & 6 y/o boys!

Melissa

PS - I'm on my boys' PC which has never been connected to DSL until this week. The tech guy ran the line through a D-link. Is this PC now vulnerable?

Hi,

Important: Please read this thread HERE before you decide whether to clean or reformat your system.

Should you decide to clean your computer, please go ahead to Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions and follow the steps given. These are a comprehensive mix of steps to remove common malware, as well as provide us logs of your system to look at so we can further remove any tricky nasties.
Do follow all the instructions exactly.

Thereafter, please post fresh HijackThis, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread. Do not copy and paste if not it will be ignored and/or removed.

Also, please let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan

PS. Since you do all the banking on your system, I would suggest that you reformat and call your bank to inform them that sensitive information might have been compromised.

Regards,
Your friendly momok =)

This thread is for the use of melissaj only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back