image corruptions with atlantis radeon 9700 pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ateam321

im having problems with image corruptions with my atlantis radeon 9700 pro. Whenever I play a game like max payne 2. Some of the objects begin looking all messed up. I tried updating the newest drivers but still no luck. anyone have any ideas
i have a via p4x400 motherboard
1152 of ddr ram
pentium 4 2.40ghz
direct x9.0b
windows xp pro

Did you try using the latest drivers from ATI? (Catalyst drivers).

The drivers you may have downloaded from Atlantis may not be quite as good, as far as compatibility goes.

These are some of the problems I experience, they start getting much worser the more I play the game

Attachments

• shot0002.jpg
    shot0002.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 22
I was having image corruption with my ATI card - what I did to get around it was turn off Fast Writes in the Display options. Why not give that a quick try.

Turn off write-combining? That fixed the X2 benchmark on my machine at first.

AGP speed can be a large factor in gaming especially with Direct3D, or OpenGL. Try lowering your AGP speed to the lowest setting and see what happens. If that doesnt change anything lower it to about 4X and then lower your card settings such as mipmap, texure quality etc to the lowest settings and see what happens. If there is no change then raise it to the highest settings and see what happens.

That may sound pointless, but it is worth a try.

When I was using the ECS K7S5A motherboard I had to lower my AGP settings to about 2X or 4X or I would get really bad corruption in games, mainly Direct3D.

In Halo, I had to raise the texture quality to the max or I would experience a lot of image corruption. The rest of the settings didn't seem to matter.

Not sure exactly why it starts getting worser the more I play it. This pic was taken about 30 - 40 minutes of gameplay

Attachments

• shot0006.jpg
    shot0006.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 11
driver revision? i've got an Atlantis (Sapphire) card, i had this problem slightly in Raven Sheild.. but It's gone away since I changed to Cat 3.8.

It's certainly not your card, it's a setting im sure of it *now, to remember which...hmmmmm*

ive just tried the newest drivers by omega, the problem continues, whats the difference between the cat. 3.8 and the newest omega driver?

Cards don't do that normally. If different drivers don't work, you have a dud card. I assume it is still under warranty so contact the company for an RMA.

Thats funny. My card always had that weird 1x1 pixel white dots. I searched a lot i tought about RMA it but never did.

Now my card is totally fryed after 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back